Reindexing Steps for ITW VDF17.1, takes approx. 2 hours:
As of June 13, 2016
1. Disable Scheduled Tasks on Win7 virtual machine (see below for which ones).
- Remote into the Win7 Task Scheduler via Teamviewer ID: 708552296
- Log in as ‘APG’, pw=xxxxxx (obtain from your manager)
- Use the shortcut on the desktop or Go to Control Panel | Scheduled Tasks.
- Disable each running task (and note which ones they are). Only Production tasks should be running (no QA tasks).
2. Login to the VDF17.1 server TF-VDF. Close all open files in RCPRo from the server under Administrative Tools | Computer Management | System Tools | Shared Folders | Open Files (this has the effect of kicking everyone out).
- CTRL-A selects all open files, then right-click and select ‘Close open files’.
- If files stay open then you will have to reboot the server.
3. Temporarily rename X:/Production/Programs/menu_pass.exe to _menu_pass.exe. This keeps people out of RCPRo until reindexing is completed.
4. Perform full reindex on server TF-VDF where Production dataset and workspace resides. Performance is much better if run on server where data files reside. Estimate 0.5 hours.
Keep a sharp eye on GLTRAN. There are sometimes issues with reindexing it. Often it just hangs on index #2. When that happens run Repair Header for it.
- ReIndex all tables except GLTran using DbBldr (in X:/Production/Bin)
- Then reindex GLTran using ReIndexGLTRan.exe (in X:/Production/Programs)
5. Use dbbldr to erase contents of LogHead and LogBody.
6. Reenable all Scheduled Tasks.
7. Rename _menu_pass.exe to menu_pass.exe
8. Communicate RCPRo is available again. If not weekend then text Karen Rossman reindex is complete and any issues found (586-255-3565). If weekend just send Karen Rossman email that reindex was performed.